"We have more reasons to love each other based on our common humanity than to victimize one another because of any difference."

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cai Chai


I went to my all time favorite tea place in all of Barcelona yesterday. I went with Liz who is also studying in Barcelona. Although, I have to say her classes are way cooler than mine...I should have been an art major.

I have to take the same exact route to get to Cai Chai each time because it's tucked away in the Old Gothic District specifically the old Jewish barrio. You can see the Star of David on the streets that actually have signs although most streets aren't labeled.

The place has a quaint, homey, bohemian feel. One of the guys who works there likes Andrew Bird, we both went to his concert at the Apollo...so I know he has good taste!

Their menu of teas is made out of banbu sushi rolling mats and is extensive. I never know what to choose from the six pages of teas. But hey, tea, feng shui, and good company and conversation...you can't go wrong!


Ps: How do you cure being nocturnal? I couldn't fall asleep until 5am last night....NOT GOOD!
If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. The game plan tonight is self medication. I'll keep you posted...fingers crossed.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE that place! I really liked the Russian tea when I was there. You stick sugar in your mouth and then drink it; quite the experience!