"We have more reasons to love each other based on our common humanity than to victimize one another because of any difference."

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Garage Sale Bargains

Walky and I went garage sale shopping this weekend and scored this awesome chair for my office, a porch swing, mirrors, table easels for my frames, a cute dotted flower pot, a mulan dvd, soy sauce dipping bowls, ceramic bowls, some dinner plates and a few other knick knacks for TEN DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS.




We were especially excited about the porch swing which we snagged for two dollars. Walky quickly had it up and installed and we were thrilled with ourselves, naturally. That is until I was eating Cheerios on it early Sunday morning and it came crashing down spilling milk and cheerios all over me. Don't worry I managed to come out of it unscathed and Walky reinstalled it yesterday with 'tools this time'.



I'm almost done repainting the kitchen a warm yellow color. Katie Keating came over last night to help me. I'll be glad when I can put that project behind me.



Now, that I've basically finished painting my first shipment of frames life seems much more manageable. Soccer is right around the corner and I couldn't be more excited.

0 comments: