"We have more reasons to love each other based on our common humanity than to victimize one another because of any difference."

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Good Week For Photography!


Well I was thrilled this week to open my inbox saying I had won the Juniata Photo Contest for the third time this year. Bringing my total prize winnings to $75. Not bad! Here's the picture I submitted:

Then I woke up from a nap today to find one of my pictures of the Barcelona Marathon had been selected for the best photo of the Marathon from the blog Oh! Barcelona. Here's the link!
http://www.oh-barcelona.com/en/blog/2010/things-to-do/sports/barcelona-marathon-2010-4937
I had my photography class this morning. We split into groups and had to complete different exercises. Our first was to take a picture of a stranger smiling. Here are my favorites that I took:


Then we had to take a picture of someone being surprised...which was a lot harder. Here's what I got:

It was fun walking around with my photo group. After class I headed over to the park to sit and chat with some friends. It was a beautiful day!

Ps: Sergi is singing love songs in the other room. He's practicing his English with them....I wish you could hear what I'm hearing........

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Lovely photos! Felicidades on your TWO wins!

Caitlin said...

thanks girl!
:)

hows life been? Did you find out about law school yet?????

Lindsay said...

Hastings said no and I'm waiting on Irvine and Davis.

But no worries! If I don't get in, I'll teach English in Spain or China! No point in staying in the US for some minimum wage job I hate.

Unknown said...

That is VERY true.