"We have more reasons to love each other based on our common humanity than to victimize one another because of any difference."

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Strasbourg France: Le retour à la terre-mère!


Early Thursday morning I got up and took a bus to Girona where my three friends and I boarded a plane to Germany, I bought a pretzel, and we boarded the train to France. We crossed the Rein and there we found ourselves in Strasbourg coincidentally in the providence of my ancestors Alsace.

I was there for a political conference I had won a fellowship for. Accompanied by a distinguished panel that ranged from UN representatives, EU Commission members, PhD this or that, Professors, and Senate and House of Representative advisors. They were experts in all sort of areas; energy, sustainable living, peace studies, economy, international organizations the list went on and on. There were also students from all over Europe the farthest hailing from Poland and Dubai.

I found it incredibly refreshing to be surrounded by students with opinions, thoughts, and interest in such important topics.

I didn't have much time to site see, Saturday night we went out drinking with a bunch of the German students and then went out dancing till 4am. We then woke up at 7am the next morning to get some site seeing in before the conference started again at 10:30. Talk about commitment!

Here is lovely Strasbourg:






It was a wonderful trip!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like an awesome trip!