"We have more reasons to love each other based on our common humanity than to victimize one another because of any difference."

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I am a good student

Well, nearly exactly 12 hours from now I will be sitting down at my last final of the semester. Then I will be free as a bird in Barcelona for the next five days. Which means, I'll be crocheting a lot, spending my last happy days with Hannah, climbing mountains, and taking my last pictures of the year. We have plans on my last day to make a big American breakfast. But let's not get ahead of ourselves...I still have a paper due tomorrow and a final both for my Spanish Civil War class.

My paper is eleven awesome pages filled with progressive political reforms, civil unrest, and chock full of Franco oppression! I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I'm finishing up my studying for the night, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I found a FANTASTIC blog site that has hundreds of entries about Spanish history. I've spent the last two hours reading about the years leading up to the war and the years after. I discovered that the right wing leader in charge of the military quo that led to the Spanish civil war died in a plane crash coming back to Spain to take over the government after being in exile. He was warned that his plane was too heavy but didn't head the advice of the pilot. Opps! I also read that the reason Bilbao (a crucial Republican strong hold) was taken so easily was because the destruction of Guernica had happened a couple days earlier, afraid, they basically just surrendered.

Maybe Cribbs is right, I am a dork...but I can think of worse things.
ALSO I found pictures I took during studying for finals last year. It seems I wasn't quite as diligent last year...


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What's this blog with all the history of Spain on it? I'd like to check it out!

Caitlin said...

http://www.artehistoria.jcyl.es/histesp/contextos/7192.htm

Lindsay said...

Chulo! Thanks!