"We have more reasons to love each other based on our common humanity than to victimize one another because of any difference."

Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 15th???!?!!?!!?!?!?!

I haven't written a blog in a while because there hasn't been much to write! I have been so busy working on my picture frame company that all the fun cultural stuff has taken a back seat. I've never felt so positive and excited about the possibilities. I almost feel like it's destined for me to make this work. I've met some girls here who will be instrumental in the completion of my business plan and financial documents. They are entrepreneurs too and have offered to help me pull it all together and are almost as excited as I am. I will be submitting my plan to the Committee December 8th. The Committee then meets again in March and I will know for sure whether I'll get the money or not by then.

Other fun stuff:
Vito, my Italian friend invited me over to his flat for an authentic Italian meal. It turns out he's a good cook! So I went to the dinner party with Hannah on Friday. He has a great flat in Gracia (the hip fun part of Barcelona) and lives with another Italian roommate. The dinner table was crowded with four Italian guys, two Spanish girls, and Hannah and I. Everyone was really great and I had a great time. We ate a seafood pasta, chicken dish, and for dessert bananas drizzled in chocolate. After that we headed over to a friend of Vito's flat for a birthday party.

We show up at the second flat and it's full of people drinking mojitos and hanging out. I talked to people from Belgium, Paris, Italy, and Spain. I felt so grown up and cultured! Hannah and I were joking that everyone has their own 'secret' language except us. The Italians could speak to each other in Italian without others understanding, and the French, and Belgiums and so on but everyone spoke english!

Saturday night the two Spanish girls we had met the night before invited us to their flat to celebrate Anna Carmen's birthday. They had made an awesome ice cream cake, an apple strudel, chocolate strawberries, vanilla ice cream, brownie cake, and this other apple cake. It was fantastic! There was also a good mix of people at their flat and Hannah and I ended up talking to two Belgiums for a large portion of the night. One looked like Heath Ledger!

It was a pretty fun weekend. I'm shocked by how nice people are here. It seems like everyone here is always inviting me to places or wanting to do fun things with me. I think it's amazing that after knowing girls for one night they would invite us to their birthday or that after doing some language exchanges with Vito he would invite me over for a great dinner. I met another girl who lives in a city South of Barcelona and she invited me to come one day and she would show me around the city. I don't know, I just think that's pretty cool.

0 comments: